Wednesday, February 25, 2009

God's Movement
"Behold my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights; I have put my Spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the nations. 2 He will not cry aloud or lift up his voice, or make it heard in the street; 3 a bruised reed he will not break, and a faintly burning wick he will not quench; he will faithfully bring forth justice. 4 He will not grow faint or be discouraged till he has established justice in the earth; and the coastlands wait for his law. 5 Thus says God, the Lord,who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it,who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it: 6 “I am the Lord; I have called you in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you; I will give you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations, 7 to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness. 8 I am the Lord; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols. 9 Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I now declare; before they spring forth I tell you of them.” Isaiah 42:1-9

Above is one of four Servant Songs found in Isaiah that prophesy about Jesus, and what He would fulfill in His life, death, and resurrection. So in light of this passage, I wanted to give you an update on what we, as a staff team, having been trusting God for this semester, and how He has been graciously and faithfully (despite our weaknesses and failures) answered those prayers in Christ. Now, I want you to know that numbers are NOT as important to us as is believing and living out the Gospel, but we will not and should not be scared to ask God for BIG things.

Look at what God has done:
Trust God List for the Year
  1. All staff at 100% by the end of May (moving there thanks to your faithful giving and prayers)
  2. Fall Retreat – 50 students (58 students went to Myrtle Beach!)
  3. New Year's Conference – 40 students (39 students traveled to Atlanta)
  4. Converts – 17 students (over 10 students have come to Christ this year, totaling 25 in the last year and a half!)
  5. Evangelistic Bible Studies – 8 (6 Bible studies have been going with students who are exploring the claims of Christ)
  6. Weekly Meetings – 75 student average (we have been averaging this and more!)
  7. Winter Retreat – 60 students (63 students went to Asheville!)
  8. Summer Orlando Project – 35 students (please keep praying for this!)
  9. Student leaders (The PACK)- to catch a vision for communing with God deeply, discipleship, evangelism, and the Church (I have 100's of stories...they are getting it by the grace of God!)

No comments: