Monday, February 11, 2008


Jesus is the HERO again!
"But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."

As I take a look back on the past couple of months, it leads me to worship my Faithful Father because He is the ONLY reason that we as a team have seen grace advanced in our hearts, our community, and on the campus with students. We have failed numerous times, and we have been captivated by fear and insecurities at other times. Can I be honest? This job is not a glorious one. I hear so many people say that it is, and it makes me sick to my stomach. This job (calling) is a privilege and honor, but it will cost you your life. God is in the process of breaking Kelley and I down right, and it hurts. The wilderness is rough, barren terrain, but it is definitely God's classroom. He is breaking His servants in order to help us see the magnitude of His love and to teach us to trust Him. The cool thing though, is to watch God advance His Kingdom in our hearts, and take the sardine and stale piece of bread we have to offer and multiple it greatly. It is common theme for us to mess everything up and watch Jesus come in and be the HERO. But that is the Gospel isn't it? We mess it up royally and He swoops down to save the day. Thank you so much Jesus!

Look at how Jesus has been the HERO here at NC STATE:
  1. 10 students have come to Christ since our time here at State.
  2. Around 30 students are involved in Bible Studies (many of them opening the Word for the first time)
  3. Around 20 students attended our annual conference in Atlanta, and were all exposed to a greater degree to the Gospel and the body of Christ.
  4. Our single staff are maturing, and learning to embrace the Gospel at a deeper level.
  5. Kelley's vision and desire for ministry, in particular college students, has grown vastly. She has been such a huge encouragement to me.

No comments: